Category Archives: Sea Food
Cold Roasted Moroccan Spiced Salmon is the spicy and tasty fish recipe simply blasted with lots of flavors and spices. The roasted and flavored salmon contains a unique spice of carom seeds and lime juice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 persons
- 3 pounds salmon fillets boneless
- 1 tsp butter/margarine
- 1/2 tsp ground ajwain
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-inch ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1-1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
How to make Cold Roasted Moroccan Spiced Salmon:
- Rinse the salmon fillets in normal running water and pat dry with a clean kitchen napkin.
- Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add boneless salmon and coat the fillets very well into the mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet from skin-side down.
- Spread the remaining spice mixture over the fillets evenly and keep aside for about half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and roast the salmon for about 10 minutes.
- When it starts browning then insert a toothpick and check whether it is cooked or not.
- Take out from the oven and allow the cooked salmon to cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Wrap the cooked salmon with the foil paper and refrigerate for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve cold with salad and chutney.
- The another method is you can cook the salmon in the skillet over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, at this time you need to drizzle few drops of oil and water at the time of cooking.
- Adjust the spices as per your requirement.
- Cold Roasted Moroccan Spiced Salmon can be garnished on the bed of lettuce, broccoli, celery, onion and bell pepper rings.
Fish Roll Sauce is one of the famous sauce dishes, served in various parts of the world. This sauce is generally served for garnishing the Lancaster, Ontario perch rolls and many other such appetizers.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-9 minutes
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
How to make Fish Roll Sauce:
- Whisk the eggs one by one and stir in mustard, butter, flour, sugar, oil salt and pepper.
- Stir continue by gradually adding milk and water alternatively.
- Heat vinegar in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Gradually fold egg mixture into the hot vinegar.
- Cook until the sauce thickens by stirring constantly.