Fish Roll Sauce
Fish Roll Sauce is one of the famous sauce dishes, served in various parts of the world. This sauce is generally served for garnishing the Lancaster, Ontario perch rolls and many other such appetizers.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-9 minutes
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
How to make Fish Roll Sauce:
- Whisk the eggs one by one and stir in mustard, butter, flour, sugar, oil salt and pepper.
- Stir continue by gradually adding milk and water alternatively.
- Heat vinegar in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Gradually fold egg mixture into the hot vinegar.
- Cook until the sauce thickens by stirring constantly.